Students are elected to serve on Student Council by they their peers every trimester. They may run for office each trimester as long as it is a different office each time. Posters are allowed but not mandatory. Students are also required to deliver a speech to their peers. Student must obtain their teacher and admin approval to run for office.
The purpose of Student Council:
· To develop positive attitudes and to practice good citizenship.
· To promote good relations throughout the entire school.
· To improve student and faculty relationships.
· To improve school morale and general welfare.
· To provide a forum for student expression.
· To plan special events or projects.
Benefits of being involved in Student Council include: an opportunity to gain experience in public speaking, and learn how to make a positive impact on school and community environment. In addition, Student Council is also a chance for students to meet new friends and work with a variety of people.
Qualities of a Good Student Council Member
Being a Student Council member is a lot of fun; it is also a big responsibility.
Good leaders, those who perform such a task, are people who:
*are willing and able to speak in front of large audiences
*are good listeners
*are fair and honest
*complete all assignments
*follow all class and school rules
*attend school regularly
If you possess the qualities listed above, chances are you will make an excellent Student Council member.