Jefferson School participates in the KCUSD Cross Country and Track teams. Third, fourth, and fifth grade boys and girls are eligible to participate. The Cross Country season occurs in the Fall (September) and Track season occurs in the Spring (February).
Specific goals of the program are:
1. To help students develop psycho-motor skills for physical activities.
2. The development of lifetime athletic skills.
3. Encourage the development of a positive value system that will help students become successful adults.
4. Increase student involvement in school activities that foster the bonding of students to adults.
5. Promote student participation in a school activity that provides students with the opportunity to explore their areas of strength and interest.